ActiveInteraction v4.0.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2021-01-10 // 10 months ago
- ⬇️ drop support for Ruby < 2.5, added support for Ruby 3.0
- ⬇️ drop support for Rails < 5.0, added support for Rails 6.1
- 🚚 [#398] - Predicate methods have been removed. (how to upgrade)
- [#412] - Filters will now treat blank string values as
symbol). (how to upgrade)
- 0️⃣ [#392] - Integer parsing now defaults the base to 10. (how to upgrade)
inputsmethod now returns an
ActiveInteraction::Inputinstead of a hash. The
ActiveInteraction::Inputclass still responds to all hash methods.
recordfilters now only accept an instance of the correct class type or a subclass of the correct class. They no longer allow you to check for included modules. (how to upgrade)
interfacefilter will now look for an ancestor of the value passed based on the name of the interface or the value passed in the
InvalidClassErrorhas been replaced by
- When introspecting an array filter, the inner filter is referenced by :'0' instead of the singularized version of the array filter name.
- Implicit coercion of types are now supported in filters (e.g. to_str, to_int, etc).
recordfilters, when used as an inner filter for an
array, will have their
from/classoption set to a singularized version of the
🚚 We've removed the predicate methods that were automatically generated for each input. They would return true if an input was not
nil. They can be manually replaced with that same check.