Async is a composable asynchronous I/O framework for Ruby based on nio4r and timers.
async alternatives and similar gems
Based on the "Concurrency" category.
Alternatively, view Async Ruby alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.0 3.2 L5 async VS EventMachineEventMachine: fast, simple event-processing library for Ruby programs
6.0 2.4 async VS render_asyncrender_async lets you include pages asynchronously with AJAX
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of async or a related project?
- Scalable event-driven I/O for Ruby. Thousands of clients per process!
- Light weight fiber-based concurrency. No need for callbacks!
- Multi-thread/process containers for parallelism.
- Growing eco-system of event-driven components.
Please see the project documentation.
We welcome contributions to this project.
- Fork it.
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature).
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature').
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature).
- Create new Pull Request.
- async-io — Asynchronous networking and sockets.
- async-http — Asynchronous HTTP client/server.
- async-process — Asynchronous process spawning/waiting.
- async-websocket — Asynchronous client and server websockets.
- async-dns — Asynchronous DNS resolver and server.
- async-rspec — Shared contexts for running async specs.
Projects Using Async
- ciri — An Ethereum implementation written in Ruby.
- falcon — A rack compatible server built on top of
- rubydns — A easy to use Ruby DNS server.
- slack-ruby-bot — A client for making slack bots.
Released under the MIT license.
Copyright, 2017, by Samuel G. D. Williams.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the async README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.