Avg Release Cycle
492 days ago
- 🛠 Fixed bug where args, options, and config were not being passed to super for CLI initialize for gem and gem template generation.
- ⚡️ Updated gemspec settings and removed rubygem requirements from spec helper.
- 📚 Defaulted RSpec output to documentation format for project and template generation.
- ➕ Added Ruby on Rails Gem Packaging to Best Practices section of README.
- ➕ Added the -o option for opening a gem in the default editor.
- ➕ Added RSpec documentation to README and README template.
- ➕ Added Tests, Contributions, and Credits section to README and README template.
- ⬆️ Upgraded to Ruby 1.9 and added Ruby 1.9 requirements.
- ⬆️ Upgraded Rails defaults to 3.1.x.
- Renamed ActionController and ActiveRecord class methods templates to be acts_as_- instead of is_*_enhanced.
- 🔄 Changed gem specifications to use singular form of author and email.
- Added a gem_url setting (which is different from the author_url but does default to it).
- ➕ Added a Company header to the README template.
- ➕ Added the MIT license to the gemspec template.
- Added the post_install_message option for adding custom messages to gem install output.
- Simplified all TODO messages in the templates.
- ➕ Added Thor+ gem requirement.
- ✂ Removed the Utilities module and replaced all info and error messages with Thor+ actions.
- ➕ Added requirements and includes for the Thor+ gem when generating binary-enabled gem skeletons.
- ➕ Added the YAML requirement to the CLI template.
- 🛠 Fixed bug with wrong definition of ActionView instance method include for main gem template.
- 🔄 Changed the ActionView template behavior so that instance methods are auto-included.
- ⬆️ Renamed the execute methods for the install and upgrade generators to install and upgrade respectively.
- ➕ Added Rails version options. Default: 3.0.0.
- ➕ Added Ruby version option. Default: 1.9.2.
- 🏗 Made the module namespace optional when building gems specifically for Rails.
- Relabeled the TODO helper text for all templates.
- Fixed bug with options not being supplied as second argument to write_inheritable_attribute for ActionController and ActiveRecord class method templates.
- 🔄 Changed the -R option to -r for Rails and added the -s option for RSpec.
- Trimmed ERB whitespace from templates where apt.
- ⬆️ Cleaned up the source_root code for both the install and upgrade generator templates.
- ⬆️ Renamed the copy_files method to the execute method for both the install and upgrade generator templates.
- ⬆️ Moved desc method next to execution method for both the install and upgrade generator templates.
- ✂ Removed the banners from the install and upgrade generator templates since this is auto-generated by Thor.
- ➕ Added Best Practices section to the README.
- ➕ Added the -e (edit) option for editing gem settings in default editor.
- ➕ Added Thor utilities for info and error messaging.
- ✂ Removed the classify and underscore methods since their equivalents are found in the Thor::Util class.
- ✂ Removed the print_version method.
- ➕ Added Rails generator USAGE documentation for the install and update generator templates.
- ✂ Removed excess shell calls from the CLI template.
- ➕ Added Thor::Actions to CLI class template.
- ➕ Added "Built with Gemsmith" to README template.
- ⚡️ Updated README template so that Gemfile mention is only provided when Rails is enabled.
- 🛠 Fixed typo in upgrade generator doc.
- 🛠 Fixed README typo with command line options.
- ➕ Added Ruby on Rails skeleton generation support.
- ➕ Added RSpec skeleton generation support.
- ➕ Added a cli.rb template with basic Thor setup for binary skeletons.
- ➕ Added binary executable name to gemspec template for binary skeletons.
- ➕ Added gem dependencies to gemspec template for binary and RSpec skeletons.
- ➕ Added proper support for underscoring/camelcasing gem names and classes during skeleton generation.
- ➕ Added common setup options to the README template.
- ➕ Added Ruby on Rails requirements to the README template (only if the Rails options is used).
- ➕ Added Ruby on Rails generator templates for installs and upgrades.
- ➕ Added Git initialization, addition, and first commit message of all skeleton files during gem creation.
- ⚡️ Updated the gem description.
- 📚 Updated the documentation to include Bundler rake tasks.
- 🎉 Initial version.