Avg Release Cycle
136 days ago
- Add distance_from_sql class method to geocoded class (thanks github.com/dwilkie).
- ➕ Add OverQueryLimitError and raise when relevant for Google lookup.
- 🛠 Fix: don't cache API data if response indicates an error.
- Fix: within_bounding_box now uses correct lat/lon DB columns (thanks github.com/kongo).
- 🛠 Fix: error accessing city in some cases with Yandex result (thanks github.com/kor6n and sld).
- A block passed to geocoded_by is now always executed, even if the geocoding service returns no results. This means you need to make sure you have results before trying to assign data to your object.
- 🛠 Fix issues with joins and row counts (issues #49, 86, and 108) by not using GROUP BY clause with ActiveRecord scopes.
- 🛠 Fix incorrect object ID when join used (fixes issue #140).
- 🛠 Fix calculation of bounding box which spans 180th meridian (thanks github.com/hwuethrich).
- Add within_bounding_box scope for ActiveRecord-based models (thanks github.com/gavinhughes and dbloete).
- ➕ Add option to raise Geocoder::OverQueryLimitError for Google geocoding service.
- ➕ Add support for Nominatim geocoding service (thanks github.com/wranglerdriver).
- ➕ Add support for API key to Geocoder.ca geocoding service (thanks github.com/ryanLonac).
- ➕ Add support for state to Yandex results (thanks github.com/tipugin).
- 🛠 Fix error with
rake assets:precompile(thanks github.com/Sush).
- 🛠 Fix HTTPS support (thanks github.com/rsanheim).
- 👌 Improve cache interface.
- 🛠 Fix error with
- ✂ Remove klass method from rake task, which could conflict with app methods (thanks github.com/mguterl).
- ➕ Add support for Google Premier geocoding service (thanks github.com/steveh).
- ⚡️ Update Google API URL (thanks github.com/soorajb).
- 👍 Allow rescue from timeout with FreeGeoIP (thanks github.com/lukeledet).
- 🛠 Fix: rake assets:precompile (Rails 3.1) not working in some situations.
- 🛠 Fix: stop double-adjusting units when using kilometers (thanks github.com/hairyheron).
- ➕ Add support for MongoMapper (thanks github.com/spagalloco).
- 🛠 Fix: user-specified coordinates field wasn't working with Mongoid (thanks github.com/thisduck).
- 🛠 Fix: invalid location given to near scope was returning all results (Active Record) or error (Mongoid) (thanks github.com/ogennadi).
- ➕ Add option to not rescue from certain exceptions (thanks github.com/ahmedrb).
- 🛠 Fix STI child/parent geocoding bug (thanks github.com/ogennadi).
- 🛠 Other bugfixes.
- ➕ Add command line interface.
- ➕ Add support for local proxy (thanks github.com/Olivier).
- ➕ Add support for Yandex.ru geocoding service.
- ➕ Add support for Bing geocoding service (thanks github.com/astevens).
- 🛠 Fix single table inheritance bug (reported by github.com/enrico).
- 🛠 Fix bug when Google result supplies no city (thanks github.com/jkeen).
- 🛠 Fix "can't find special index: 2d" error when using Mongoid with Ruby 1.8.
- ➕ Add support for Mongoid.
- ➕ Add bearing_to/from methods to geocoded objects.
- 👌 Improve SQLite's distance calculation heuristic.
- 🛠 Fix: Geocoder::Calculations.geographic_center was modifying its argument in-place (reported by github.com/joelmats).
- 🛠 Fix: sort 'near' query results by distance when using SQLite.
- Clean up input: search for coordinates as a string with space after comma yields zero results from Google. Now we get rid of any such space before sending the query.
- 🗄 DEPRECATION: Geocoder.near should not take :limit or :offset options.
- 🗄 DEPRECATION: Change argument format of all methods that take lat/lon as separate arguments. Now you must pass the coordinates as an array [lat,lon], but you may alternatively pass a address string (will look up coordinates) or a geocoded object (or any object that implements a to_coordinates method which returns a [lat,lon] array).