git-auto-bisect alternatives and similar gems
Based on the "Git Tools" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of git-auto-bisect or a related project?
Find the first broken commit without having to learn git bisect.
- automagically bundles if necessary
- stops at first bad commit
- takes binary steps (
gem install git-autobisect
or as standalone binary (needs any ruby)
curl -sL https://github.com/grosser/git-autobisect/releases/download/v0.4.3/git-autobisect > /usr/local/bin/git-autobisect && \ chmod +x /usr/local/bin/git-autobisect && \ git-autobisect --version
cd your project # run a test that has a non-0 exit status git-autobisect 'rspec spec/models/user_spec.rb' ... grab a coffee ... ---> The first bad commit is a4328fa git show
-m, --max N Inspect commits between HEAD..HEAD~<max> -s, --start N Use N (instead of 1) as initial step and keep multiplying by 2 --step N Use N as step (instead of multiplying by 2 --no-bundle Do not bundle even if a Gemfile exists
- do not fail if test file is missing
[ ! -f spec/my_spec.rb ] || rspec spec/my_spec.rb
- option for max-step-size so you can use a finer grained approach
- option to disable
bundle check || bundleinjection
- option to consider a build failed if it finishes faster then x seconds
bundle && bundle exec rake
- Tests run a lot faster without
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the git-auto-bisect README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.