Avg Release Cycle
1171 days ago
v1.3.0November 22, 2018
🐎 This version might be incompatible for developers who relied on
jobsarray inside Workflow JSON (stored in Redis), see below for details. For others it's fully transparent and brings performance improvements!
- ➕ Added ability to specify TTL for Redis keys and manually expire whole workflows (Thanks to @dmitrypol! See pull request)
- 👀 Loosened dependency on redis-rb library to >= 3.2 and < 5.0 (Thanks to @mofumofu3n! See pull request)
- 👌 Improved performance of (de)serializing workflows by not storing job array inside workflow JSON and other smaller improvements (See pull request)
- 💥 BREAKING CHANGE Gush now uses ActiveJob instead of directly Sidekiq, this allows programmers to use multiple backends, instead of just one. Including in-process or even synchronous backends. See http://guides.rubyonrails.org/active_job_basics.html
- 🛠 Fix graph rendering with
gush vizcommand. Sometimes it rendered the last job detached from others, because it was using a class name instead of job name as ID.
- 🐎 Fix performance problems with unserializing jobs. This greatly increased performance by avoiding redundant calls to Redis storage. Should help a lot with huge workflows spawning thousands of jobs. Previously each job loaded whole workflow instance when executed.
- 💥 BREAKING CHANGE
Gushfile.rbis now renamed to
- 💥 BREAKING CHANGE Internal code for reporting status via Redis pub/sub has been removed, since it wasn't used for a long time.
- 💥 BREAKING CHANGE jobs are expected to have a
performmethod instead of
worklike in < 1.0.0 versions.
- 💥 BREAKING CHANGE
payloadsmethod available inside jobs is now an array of hashes, instead of a hash, this allows for a more flexible approach to reusing a single job in many situations. Previously payloads were grouped by predecessor's class name, so you were forced to hardcode that class name in its descendants' code.
gush workerscommand is now removed. This is now up to the developer to start background processes depending on chosen ActiveJob adapter.
environmentwas removed since it was no longer needed (it was Sidekiq specific)
v0.4.1August 23, 2016