1 bug fix:
- Fixed info handler for systems that don't have siginfo.
1 major enhancement:
- Handle C and other fatal exceptions by failing
1 minor enhancement:
- Added something to catch mixed use of test/unit and minitest if $DEBUG
1 bug fix:
- Added SIGINFO handler for finding slow tests without verbose
5 minor enhancement:
- Added clarification doco.
- Added specs and mocks to autorun.
- Changed spec test class creation to be non-destructive.
- Updated rakefile for new hoe capabilities.
- describes are nestable (via subclass). before/after/def inherits, specs don't.
🛠 3 bug fixes:
- Fixed location on must/wont.
- Switched to name to avoid common ivar name.
- Fixed indentation in test file (1.9).
1 minor enhancement:
- Added miniunit/autorun.rb as replacement for test/unit.rb's autorun.
🛠 16 bug fixes:
- 1.9 test fixes.
- Bug fixes from nobu and akira for really odd scenarios. They run ruby funny.
- Fixed (assert|refute)_match's argument order.
- Fixed LocalJumpError in autorun if exception thrown before at_exit.
- Fixed assert_in_delta (should be >=, not >).
- Fixed assert_raises to match Modules.
- Fixed capture_io to not dup IOs.
- Fixed indentation of capture_io for ruby 1.9 warning.
- Fixed location to deal better with custom assertions and load paths. (Yuki)
- Fixed order of (must|wont)_include in MiniTest::Spec.
- Fixed skip's backtrace.
- Got arg order wrong in *_match in tests, message wrong as a result.
- Made describe private. For some reason I thought that an attribute of Kernel.
- Removed disable_autorun method, added autorun.rb instead.
- assert_match escapes if passed string for pattern.
- instance_of? is different from ===, use instance_of.
2 major enhancements:
- renamed to minitest and pulled out test/unit compatibility.
- mini/test.rb is now minitest/unit.rb, everything else maps directly.
12 minor enhancements:
- assert_match now checks that act can call =~ and converts exp to a regexp only if needed.
- Added assert_send... seems useless to me tho.
- message now forces to string... ruby-core likes to pass classes and arrays :(
- Added -v handling and switched to @verbose from $DEBUG.
- Verbose output now includes test class name and adds a sortable running time!
- Switched message generation into procs for message deferment.
- Added skip and renamed fail to flunk.
- Improved output failure messages for assert_instance_of, assert_kind_of
- Improved output for assert_respond_to, assert_same.
- at_exit now exits false instead of errors+failures.
- Made the tests happier and more readable imhfo.
- Switched index(s) == 0 to rindex(s, 0) on nobu's suggestion. Faster.
🛠 5 bug fixes:
- 1.9: Added encoding normalization in mu_pp.
- 1.9: Fixed backtrace filtering (BTs are expanded now)
- Added back exception_details to assert_raises. DOH.
- Fixed shadowed variable in mock.rb
- Fixed stupid muscle memory message bug in assert_send.
7 minor enhancements:
- Added deprecations everywhere in test/unit.
- Added test_order to TestCase. :random on mini, :sorted on test/unit (for now).
- Big cleanup in test/unit for rails. Thanks Jeremy Kemper!
- Minor readability cleanup.
- Pushed setup/run/teardown down to testcase allowing specialized testcases.
- Removed pp. Tests run 2x faster. :/
- Renamed deprecation methods and moved to test/unit/deprecate.rb.
2 major enhancements:
- Added Mini::Spec.
- Added Mini::Mock. Thanks Steven Baker!!
23 minor enhancements:
- Added bin/use_miniunit to make it easy to test out miniunit.
- Added -n filtering, thanks to Phil Hagelberg!
- Added args argument to #run, takes ARGV from at_exit.
- Added test name output if $DEBUG.
- Added a refute (was deny) for every assert.
- Added capture_io and a bunch of nice assertions from zentest.
- Added deprecation mechanism for assert_no/not methods to test/unit/assertions.
- Added pp output when available.
- Added tests for all assertions. Pretty much maxed out coverage.
- Added tests to verify consistency and good naming.
- Aliased and deprecated all ugly assertions.
- Cleaned out test/unit. Moved autorun there.
- Code cleanup to make extensions easier. Thanks Chad!
- Got spec args reversed in all but a couple assertions. Much more readable.
- Improved error messages across the board. Adds your message to the default.
- Moved into Mini namespace, renamed to Mini::Test and Mini::Spec.
- Pulled the assertions into their own module...
- Removed as much code as I could while still maintaining full functionality.
- Moved filter_backtrace into MiniTest.
- Removed MiniTest::Unit::run. Unnecessary.
- Removed location_of_failure. Unnecessary.
- Rewrote test/unit's filter_backtrace. Flog from 37.0 to 18.1
- Removed assert_send. Google says it is never used.
- Renamed MiniTest::Unit.autotest to #run.
- Renamed deny to refute.
- Rewrote some ugly/confusing default assertion messages.
- assert_in_delta now defaults to 0.001 precision. Makes specs prettier.
🛠 9 bug fixes:
- Fixed assert_raises to raise outside of the inner-begin/rescue.
- Fixed for ruby 1.9 and rubinius.
- No longer exits 0 if exception in code PRE-test run causes early exit.
- Removed implementors method list from mini/test.rb - too stale.
- assert_nothing_raised takes a class as an arg. wtf? STUPID
- ".EF" output is now unbuffered.
- Bunch of changes to get working with rails... UGH.
- Added stupid hacks to deal with rails not requiring their dependencies.
- Now bitch loudly if someone defines one of my classes instead of requiring.
- Fixed infect method to work better on 1.9.
- Fixed all shadowed variable warnings in 1.9.
4 major enhancements:
- Finished writing all missing assertions.
- Output matches original test/unit.
- Documented every method needed by language implementor.
- Fully switched over to self-testing setup.
2 minor enhancements:
- Added deny (assert ! test), our favorite extension to test/unit.
- Added .autotest and fairly complete unit tests. (thanks Chad for help here)
1 major enhancement