Radiant is a no-fluff, open source content management system designed for
small teams. It is similar to Textpattern or MovableType, but is a general
purpose content management system (not just a blogging engine).
Radiant alternatives and similar gems
Based on the "CMS" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Radiant or a related project?
Welcome to Radiant
Radiant is a no-fluff, open source content management system designed for small teams. It is similar to Textpattern or MovableType, but is a general purpose content management system (not just a blogging engine).
- An elegant user interface
- The ability to arrange pages in a hierarchy
- Flexible templating with layouts, snippets, page parts, and a custom tagging language (Radius: http://radius.rubyforge.org)
- A simple user management/permissions system
- Support for Markdown and Textile as well as traditional HTML (it's easy to create other filters)
- An advanced plugin system
- Operates in two modes: dev and production depending on the URL
- A caching system which expires pages every 5 minutes
- Built using Ruby on Rails
- And much more...
Radiant is released under the MIT license and is copyright (c) 2006-2018 John W. Long and Sean Cribbs. A copy of the MIT license can be found in the LICENSE file.
Installation and Setup
Radiant is a traditional Ruby on Rails application, meaning that you can configure and run it the way you would a normal Rails application.
See the INSTALL file for more details.
Installation of a Prerelease
As Radiant nears newer releases, you can experiment with any prerelease version.
Install the prerelease gem with the following command:
$ gem install radiant --prerelease
This will install the gem with the prerelease name, for example: ‘radiant-0.9.0.rc2’.
Upgrading an Existing Project to a newer version
Update the Radiant assets from in your project:
$ rake radiant:update
Migrate the database:
$ rake production db:migrate
Restart the web server
To run tests you will need to have the following gems installed:
gem install ZenTest rspec rspec-rails cucumber webrat nokogiri sqlite3-ruby
The best place to get support is on the mailing list:
Most of the development for Radiant happens on Github:
The project wiki is here:
-- The Radiant Dev Team http://radiantcms.org
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Radiant README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.