RDoc v4.1.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2013-12-26 // almost 9 years ago
- Improved accessibility of HTML output. Accessibility review was provided by:
Techvision – http://www.techvision.net.in
The accessibility consultants in Pune, India
- The look of RDoc has been updated.
- RDoc can now link to , =, << and >> methods. Pull request #202 by Jeremy Evans, Bug # 191 by by Zachary Scott.
- Added RDoc::Options#output_decoration which controls header labels for HTML output. Pull Request #199 by Zachary Scott.
- Added --template-stylesheets options to RDoc to allow specification of alternate stylesheets. Pull request #205 by Zachary Scott.
- Improved performance of the Markdown and RD parsers. Pull request #217 by Ryan Davis.
- rdoc -v now prints the version instead of enabling verbose mode. Pull request #201 by Lee Jarvis.
- Running rake newb now automatically installs development dependencies if the parser files haven't been built. Pull request #235 by Kouhei Sutou.
- Moved old DEVELOPERS file to CONTRIBUTING to match github conventions.
- TomDoc output now has a "Returns" heading. Issue #234 by Brian Henderson
- Metaprogrammed methods can now use the :args: directive in addition to the :call-seq: directive. Issue #236 by Mike Moore.
- Sections can be linked to using "@" like labels. If a section and a label have the same name the section will be preferred. Issue #233 by Brian Henderson.
- Files that come with a template are hard-linked to save space. Issue #186 by Vít Ondruch.
🐛 Bug fixes
- Applied typo fixes by @dvsuresh from ruby/[email protected]
- Restored behavior of --no-pager alias -T. Pull request #223 by ruafozy.
- Fixed extra whitespace output in the rdoc coverage report. Bug #210 by Ryan Davis.
- RDoc no longer documents its timestamp file when run on an empty directory. Bug #212 by Rainer Keller
- HTML escape method names in the table of contents. Bug #219 by Akinori MUSHA.
- Character literals ?h now create a new token type to prevent loss of the "?" in output. Bug #220 by Vipul A M.
- When looking up a method that does not exist, ri escapes the regular expression for fallback searches. Bug #227 by Aaron Patterson.
- The ri generator now writes the class method data after +module_function+. Bug #222 by Zachary Scott, Ruby bug #8225 by David Unric.
- ri now handles missing ri data files. Bug #222 by Zachary Scott, Ruby bug #8225 by David Unric.
- Added TomDoc to the supported markup formats section of rdoc --help. Bug #214 by Ryan Davis.
- Fixed documented? check for classes which indicated incorrect 100% coverage. Bug #211 by Ryan Davis.
- An :enddoc: at the top level stops all further parsing. Bug #213 by Ryan Davis.
- Improved handling of multiline call-seq. Bug #207 by Erik Hollensbe.
- Fixed text that is missing whitespace for TomDoc. Bug #248 by Noel Cower.
- The RDoc methods now store the method they are aliased to. Bug #206 by Jeremy Stephens.
- Fixed parsing of multiple methods on the same line. Bug #221 by derula.
- Fixed missing support for images in markdown. Bug #241, pull request #242 by Zachary Scott.
- The markdown image fix also added support for images via an rdoc-image: scheme. See RDoc::[email protected] for details. Issue #93 by Tim Pease.
- Ignore empty call-seq for methods. Improved deduplication of C methods sharing the same C function. This allows the method heading to show up correctly for String#== and #===. Bug #244 by Neurogami.
- RDoc no longer adds "http://" to urls without a scheme. Bug #208 by Zachary Scott.
- Improved the error message in the RDoc server when ri data is missing. Bug #243, Pull Request #249 by Tadas Tamošauskas.
- Support ruby 2.0 hash syntax for keywords. Bug #256 by diogocsc.
- Prevent \ from escaping the tag in RDoc markup. (<tag> still escapes the tag.) Bug #251 by Pablo Bianciotto.
- Fixed lexing of escaped characters in strings which could cause duplication of the final characters in source code view. Bug #252 by Mike Stok.
- Disallow invalid tab widths for -w option. Bug reported by Charles Hixson.
- rb_file_const() now adds constants to File::Constants when used outside file.c. Fixes missing File::Constants::FNM_* constants in ruby.
- Fixed handling of :markup: when the file parser is unknown. Issue #262 by Brian Henderson, pull request #269 by Rein Henrichs.
- Regexp options are no longer stripped in HTML output. Bug #259 by Zachary Scott, Pull request #265 by Rein Henrichs