RDoc v4.2.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2014-12-06 // almost 8 years ago
- RDoc can now produce translation files for use with gettext. See RDoc::Generator::POT for a workflow for creating translations of your documentation. Pull request #254 by Kouhei Sutou.
- RDoc now allows any single-word macro before a C method implementation. Issue #722 by Hanmac.
- Now :all is a synonym for :private for RDoc::Options#visibility= to match the --all command line option. Pull request #276 by Zachary Scott.
- Running rake for the first time now installs racc. Pull request #285 by Kouhei Sutou.
- Added -h flag to also display help. Issue #300 by Ryan Davis
- search_index.js is now loaded asynchronously for improved performance.
- Allow +X::Y+ as typewriter text. Issue #319, pull request #322 by Jeremy Evans.
- Added RDoc::RI::Task for building ri data easily through rake. Pull request #332 by Zachary Scott.
- A gzipped search index is generated for servers configured to use precompressed files. Pull request #334 by Zachary Scott.
- CSS files now live under /css relative to the document root. Pull request #335 by Zachary Scott.
- Improved detection of valid ruby in verbatim sections. Pull request #333 by Jeremy Evans.
🐛 Bug fixes
- Fixed HTML labels for cross-browser compatibility. This breaks existing links but enables cross-browser compatibility. Pull request #330 by Jens Will.
- RDoc handles ASCII-incompatible encodings now. An encoding hint may need to be added to the file for RDoc to produce correct output, though. Issue #288 by Manuel Meurer.
- Fixed height recalculation issues when headings are hovered. Issue #289 by Dietmar H. Büto.
- RDoc now ignores its own output directories. Pull Request #306 by Hsing-Hui Hsu, bug #305 by Ryan Davis.
- Fixed RDoc::Task no longer uselessly builds documentation when generating non-HTML output. Bug #307 by Christina Thompson, pull request #308 by Hsing-Hui Hsu
- Added pointer to font copyright and license information to LEGAL.rdoc. Issue #290 by Christian Hofstaedtler.
- Fixed RDoc::Context#<=> for ruby trunk. Issue #284 by Hanmac, pull request #287 by Aaron Patterson
- Tests no longer create directories inside test/. Pull request #286 by Kouhei Sutou.
- Fixed documentation example in RDoc::Markup. Pull request #292 by Gregory Brown.
- Applied typo fix to RDoc::Markup. Pull request #297 by @montanalow
- Fixed pretty_print for RDoc::MethodAttr with an alias. Pull request #324 by Hsing-Hui Hsu.
- Fixed lexing of %w"". Issue #315 by Thierry Lambert, pull request #323 by Jeremy Evans.
- RDoc::TokenStream now removes nil tokens. Pull request #318 by Calle Erlandsson.
- Fixed footer links to rubyforge and darkfish. Pull request #328 by @blackwinter
- Fixed page-top link. Pull request #329 by @blackwinter
- Minitest gem activation failures are now ignored during test startup. Issue #313 by Vít Ondruch.
- Fixed error when generating documentation from singleton classes. Issue #311 by Vít Ondruch.
- Splat and keyword params can now be detected for documentation completeness. Issue #321 Tom Kadwill.
- Standalone anchors in markdown documents are no longer escaped. Issue #312 by Scott Thompson.
- Fixed RegExp matching stack overflow on Ruby 1.8.7. Issue #327 by sshao.