Scrolls v0.9.0.pre Release NotesRelease Date: 2017-08-23 // about 6 years ago
🔨 This dev version breaks backwards compatibility for Scrolls. It is a rework/refactor of the initial work done in the following PR: #54.
Please report any bugs you find with this version on: #71
Backward Incompatible changes
- The #global_context is no longer mutable, instead we instantiate a class internally inside Scrolls::Logger that contains the global_context. This is to avoid various bad thread behaviors, that previous to Ruby 2.0, were allowed.
- The result of the above change removes #add_global_context.
- 0️⃣ Currently Scrolls needs to be instantiated to be used (Scrolls.init(options)) however I'd like to work on a method for allowing one to just use Scrolls.log and get sane defaults.
- 🚚 Due to this massive change I moved to "single line exceptions" by default since it lowers the amount of data produced by Scrolls when using #log_exception without losing the information.
- 💎 Officially kills Ruby 1.8.7 support (though literally no one should be using that version).
NOTE : I don't have a great setup right now to test everything here. I'm testing against Ruby 2.4.1 and all tests pass. Please test if you can. I'm going to cut a release of this version, 0.9.0.pre. I'm jumping versions here since we break backward compatibility. I'm hopeful with this and subsequent versions we can get to a place where a version 1.0 is a reality.
✅ Please test this version as much as possible!