Spring v0.0.10 Release Notes
- ➕ Added
Spring.watch_method=configuration option to switch between polling and the
listengem. Previously, we used the
listengem if it was available, but this makes the option explicit. Set
Spring.watch_method = :listento use the listen gem.
- Fallback when Process.fork is not available. In such cases, the user will not receive the speedup that Spring provides, but won't receive an error either.
- Don't preload
spec_helperby default. This was causing people subtle problems (for example see #113) and is perhaps surprising behaviour. It may be desirable, but it depends on the application, therefore we suggest it to people in the README but no longer do it by default.
- Don't stay connected to database in the application processes. There's no need to keep a connection open.
- Avoid using the database in the application processes. Previously, reloading the autoloaded constants would inadvertently cause a connection to the database, which would then prevent tasks like db:create from running (because at that point the database doesn't exist)
- ✂ Removed ability to specify list of files for a command to preload. We weren't using this any more internally, and this is easy to do by placing requires in suitable locations in the Rails boot process (which is not explained in the README).
- 👀 Seed the random number generator on each run.
- ➕ Added