Avg Release Cycle
- ♻️ Refactor build of FreeTDS & Iconv recipes. Add OpenSSL. Merged #207.
- 🛠 Ensure zero terminated strings, where C-str pointers are expected. Use StringValueCStr() Fixes #208.
- ⏪ Revert 999fa571 so timeouts do not kill the client. Fixes #179.
sspi_w_kerberos.diffpatch. Not needed anymore.
- ✅ Tested again on Azure. Added notes to README on recommended settings.
rb_thread_blocking_region(removed in Ruby 2.2.0) w/
rb_thread_call_without_gvl. Fixes #182.
- ✂ Remove 30 char password warning. Fixes #172.
- ✂ Remove Ruby 1.8.6 support. We always use Time vs edge case DateTime.
- 👌 Support an optional environment variable to find FreeTDS. Fixes #128.
- 👍 Allow Support for 31+ Character Usernames/Passwords. Fixes #134. Thanks @wbond.
- 🔒 Stronger Global VM Lock support for nonblocking connections. Fixes #133. Thanks @wbond.
- 🛠 Timeout fix for working with Azure SQL. Fixes #138.
- Correctly handle requests that return multiple results sets via
.do, such as backups and restores. Fixes #150.
⏪ Use both dbsetversion() vs. dbsetlversion. Partially reverts #62.
- 🛠 Use dbsetversion() vs. dbsetlversion. Fixes #62.
- ✂ Remove Ruby 1.8 support.
- Implement misc rb_thread_blocking_region support. Fixes #121. Thanks @lepfhty.
- 🚀 Test FreeTDS v0.91.89 patch release.
- 🛠 Fix lost connection handling. Fixes #124. Thanks @krzcho.
- ✂ Remove unused variable. Fixes #103. Thanks @jeremyevans.
- ✂ Remove need to specify username for Windows Authentication.
- 🛠 Use proper SQL for returning IDENTITY with Sybase. Fixes #95.
- 🏁 Compile windows with
- 👍 Allow MiniPortile to build any FreeTDS version we need. Fixes #76.
- 🛠 Always convert password option to string. Fixes #92.
- 🚚 Move test system to real MiniTest::Spec. All tests pass on Azure too.
- 🛠 Raise and handle encoding errors on DB writes. Fixes #89.
- 🔄 Change how we configure with iconv, basically it is always needed. Fixes #11 & #69.
- 🛠 Copy mysql2s handling of Time and Datetime so 64bit systems are leveraged. Fixes #46 and #47. Thanks @lsylvester!
- ➕ Add CFLAGS='-fPIC' for libtool. Fix TDS version configs in our ports file. Document. Fixes #45
- ⚡️ Update our TDS version constants to reflect changed 8.0/9.0 to 7.1/7.2 DBLIB versions in FreeTDS while making it backward compatible, again like FreeTDS. Even tho you can not configure FreeTDS with TDS version 7.2 or technically even use it, I added tests to prove that we correctly handle both varchar(max) and nvarchar(max) with large amounts of data.
- 🚀 FreeTDS 0.91 has been released. Update our port scripts.
- ➕ Add test for 0.91 and higher to handle incorrect syntax in sp_executesql.
- 0️⃣ Returning empty result sets with a command batch that has multiple statements is now the default. Use :empty_sets => false to override.
- Do not raise a TinyTds::Error with our message handler unless the severity is greater than 10.
- 🏁 Includes precompiled Windows binaries for FreeTDS 0.91rc2 & LibIconv. No precompiled OpenSSL yet for Windows to SQL Azure.
- 🛠 Fixed symbolized unicode column names.
- 💎 Use same bigint ruby functions to return identity. Hopefully fixes #19.
- 🚀 Release static libs for Windows.
- 🔄 Change how :host/:port are implemented. Now sending "host:port" to :dataserver.
- 🆕 New :host/:port connection options. Removes need for freetds.conf file.
- 🔧 Iconv is a dep only when compiling locally. However, left in the ability to configure it for native gem installation but you must use --enable-iconv before using --with-iconv-dir=/some/dir
- Really fix what 0.4.1 was supposed to do, force SYBDBLIB compile.