ByStar v2.2.0.rc1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2014-01-14 // over 8 years ago
- Begin tracking CHANGELOG
- ⬇️ Drop official support for Ruby <= 1.9.2
- ➕ Add Ruby 2.1.0, Rubinius, and JRuby to Travis
- Decouple gem from ActiveRecord, and put ActiveRecord and Mongoid specific methods in ORM modules.
- 📜 Consolidate all normalization/parsing functions into new Normalization module
- Remove meta-programming methods, e.g.
- 👌 Support matching timespan-type objects with distinct start and end times (previously only point-in-time matching was supported)
- 👉 Make Chronic gem optional; use it only if user has included it externally
by_weekalways returns a calendar week (i.e. beginning Monday or as specified by Rails setting), regardless of whether Date or Fixnum is given as a parameter.
by_calendar_monthnow supports optional
:start_dayoption (:monday, :tuesday, etc)
by_calendar_monthinto it's own class
- 📇 Rename
between_timesinternally, as Mongoid already defines
between. ActiveRecord has an alias of
betweenso interface stays consistent.
- ➕ Add
:offsetoption to all query methods, in order to offset the time the day begins/ends (for example supposing business cycle begins at 8:00 each day until 7:59:59 the next day)
by_weekendcan now take a fixnum (parsing logic is same as by_week)
- Two-digit year now considers 70 to be 1970, and 69 to be 2069 (was previously 40 -> 1940)
- ➕ Add Time kernel extensions for fortnight and calendar_month
- ➕ Add Johnny Shields as a gem co-author