diaspora* v0.8.0.0 Release Notes
🆕 New configuration file!
🚀 We already recommended you to move to our new TOML based configuration file. With this release diaspora* will no longer read the YAML based configuration file at
config/diaspora.yml. If you have not yet done so, please copy
config/diaspora.tomland migrate your configuration.
🏗 With the release of diaspora* Version 0.8.0.0, we now officially support building applications on top of the diaspora* API! Please check out the official API documentation for instructions, and please do file bugs if you notice something that could be improved!
👀 We are looking forward to seeing many creative applications!
🚚 The chat integration has been removed
💅 After a discussion with our community on Discourse, we decided to remove the pieces of XMPP chat integration that were put in place a while ago. When we first added the chat support, we merged the implementation in an unfinished state in the hopes that the open issues will be addressed eventually, and the implementation would end up more polished. This ended up not being the case. After careful consideration and discussion, we did not manage to come up with clear reasons why we need a chat implementation, so we decided that the best way forward would be to remove it.
Although the chat was never enabled per default and was marked as experimental, some production pods did set up the integration and offered an XMPP service to their users. After this release, diaspora* will no longer contain a chat applet, so users will no longer be able to use the webchat inside diaspora*. The existing module that is used to enable users to authenticate to Prosody using their diaspora* credentials will continue to work, but contact list synchronization might not work without further changes to the Prosody module, which is developed independently from this project.
- ➕ Add bootstrapping for using ECMAScript 6 with automatic transpiling for compatibility #7581
- ✂ Remove backporting of mention syntax #7788
- 🔒 Enable Content-Security-Policy header by default #7781
- Do not show getting started after account import #8036
- ✂ Remove the JSXC/Prosody integration #8069 #8341
- Replace factory_girl with factory_bot #8218
- ⬇️ Drop relay support #8243
🐛 Bug fixes
- 🛠 Fix multiple photos upload progress bar #7655
- Photo-upload file picker now correctly restricts possible file types #8205
- ➕ Add client-side cropping of profile image uploads #7581
- ➕ Add client-site rescaling of post images if they exceed the maximum possible size #7734
- ➕ Add backend for archive import #7660 #8254 #8264 #8010 #8260 #8302 #8298
- For pods running PostgreSQL, make sure that no upper-case/mixed-case tags exist, and create a
lower(name)index on tags to speed up ActsAsTaggableOn #8206
- 👍 Allow podmins/moderators to see all local public posts to improve moderation #8232 #8320
- ➕ Add support for directly paste images to upload them #8237