Knapsack alternatives and similar gems
Based on the "Extra" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Knapsack or a related project?
Knapsack splits tests evenly across parallel CI nodes to run fast CI build and save you time.
|knapsack gem||knapsack_pro gem|
|Is free||✓ Yes||✓ Yes, free plan|
|Regular Mode - a static tests split||✓ Yes||✓ Yes|
|Queue Mode - a dynamic tests split (ensures all CI nodes finish work at the same time)||No||✓ Yes|
|Auto split slow RSpec test file between parallel CI nodes (a single test file can be auto split by test examples between parallel jobs)||No||✓ Yes|
|Tracking tests timing per commit, branch||No||✓ Yes|
|Support for other programming languages||No||✓ Yes|
|Support for CI providers||limited||✓ Yes|
|Installation README||Install README||Install README|
Do you use Heroku?
Do you know Knapsack Pro Ruby gem is available as Heroku add-on that's currently in beta and it's free to all beta users? It works with your current CI server. https://elements.heroku.com/addons/knapsack-pro
Knapsack Pro has Queue Mode that will split Ruby & JS tests in a dynamic way across parallel CI nodes to ensure each parallel job takes a similar time. Thanks to that there is no bottleneck in your CI pipelines.
See introduction how the Knapsack Pro add-on works https://youtu.be/rmXES2N0_QU
You may also find useful article how to run parallel dynos on Heroku CI to complete tests faster https://docs.knapsackpro.com/2019/how-to-run-tests-faster-on-heroku-ci-with-parallel-dynos
Do you know
- Knapsack Pro is risk-free integration! Knapsack Pro runs tests in Fallback Mode if your CI servers can't reach our API for any reason.
- We don't need access to your repository. Knapsack Pro is just wrapper around test runner like RSpec, Cucumber, Minitest etc.
- Hundreds of developers use Knapsack Pro every day to run fast CI builds.
- It works with other programming languages.