Maktoub is a Ruby on Rails engine for email newsletters. Write your newsletter as you would write any view (erb partial). Maktoub sends your email in multipart as both html and text.
Maktoub alternatives and similar gems
Based on the "Email" category.
Alternatively, view Maktoub alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
5.9 6.5 L5 Maktoub VS SupA curses threads-with-tags style email client (mailing list: [email protected])
5.7 4.7 Maktoub VS Truemail🚀 Configurable framework agnostic plain Ruby 📨 email validator/verifier. Verify email via Regex, DNS, SMTP and even more. Be sure that email address valid and exists.
5.7 1.4 L5 Maktoub VS MailFormSend e-mail straight from forms in Rails with I18n, validations, attachments and request information.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Maktoub or a related project?
Maktoub is a Ruby on Rails engine for email newsletters.
- Write your newsletter as you would write any view (erb partial)
- Maktoub sends your email in multipart as both html and text
# Add this line to your Gemfile gem 'maktoub'
Compatible with Rails 4+. For Rails 3.1+ use version 0.3.1
You can run
rails generate maktoub:config to generate the configuration file. This task creates a
matkoub.rb initializer file (in config/initializer)
Follow instructions inside the file to configure it the way you want.
Create a newsletter as a normal view partial in
The subject of the newsletter will be automatically deduced from the partial's name.
Create a view partial in
app/views/layouts/maktoub/_styles.erb. Note that this completely overrides the styles that come with maktoub.
You can copy the built-in styles and override them.
Maktoub comes with two rake tasks to allow you to:
- send a test message to the "from" address of your newsletter.
- publish the newsletter to all your subscribers. If you have delayed_job installed then it will use it to deliver each email as a background job
Alternatively you have access to a Maktoub::NewsletterMailer ActionMailer object with a publish method
Maktoub::NewsletterMailer.publish('my_newsletter_partial', name: 'User name', email: '[email protected]')
View in browser
To be able to view your newsletter in a browser add it to routes.rb.
- mount the engine at a path of your choice. e.g.
mount Maktoub::Engine => '/'
- you would access the newsletter at:
Send a pull request including documentation changes and tests.
- create github page for project
- allow management of multiple lists
- allow rendering of newletter from remotely hosted views (e.g. S3)