Sup alternatives and similar gems
Based on the "Email" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Sup or a related project?
Sup is a console-based email client for people with a lot of email.
Features / Problems
- GMail-like thread-centered archiving, tagging and muting
- Handling mail from multiple mbox and Maildir sources
- Blazing fast full-text search with a rich query language
- Multiple accounts - pick the right one when sending mail
- Ruby-programmable hooks
- Automatically tracking recent contacts
Sup does in general not play nicely with other mail clients, not all changes can be synced back to the mail source. Refer to Maildir Syncback in the wiki for this recently included feature. Maildir Syncback allows you to sync back flag changes in messages and to write messages to maildir sources.
Unix-centrism in MIME attachment handling and in sendmail invocation.
Please report bugs to the Github issue tracker.
- Code repository
- IRC: #sup @ freenode.net
- Mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org (subscribe: email@example.com, archive: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/supmua )
Copyright (c) 2013 Sup developers. Copyright (c) 2006--2009 William Morgan. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Sup README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.