Avg Release Cycle
- 🛠 Fix error in previous release which crashed the Manager when a Processor died.
- ⏪ Revert back to Celluloid's TaskFiber for job processing which has proven to be more stable than TaskThread. [#985]
- Avoid possible lockup during hard shutdown [#997]
At this point, if you are experiencing stability issues with Sidekiq in 👀 Ruby 1.9, please try Ruby 2.0. It seems to be more stable.
- 😌 Relax slim version requirement to >= 1.1.0
- ♻️ Refactor historical stats to use TTL, not explicit cleanup. [grosser, #971]
- 👮 Force Celluloid 0.14.1 as 0.14.0 has a serious bug. [#954]
- ⏱ Scheduled and Retry jobs now use Sidekiq::Client to push jobs onto the queue, so they use client middleware. [dimko, #948]
- 👷 Record the timestamp when jobs are enqueued. Add Sidekiq::Job#enqueued_at to query the time. [mariovisic, #944]
- ➕ Add Sidekiq::Queue#latency - calculates diff between now and enqueued_at for the oldest job in the queue.
- ➕ Add testing method
perform_onethat dequeues and performs a single job. This is mainly to aid testing jobs that spawn other jobs. [fumin, #963]
- ⬆️ Upgrade to Celluloid 0.14, remove the use of Celluloid's thread pool. This should halve the number of threads in each Sidekiq process, thus requiring less resources. [#919]
- ✅ Abstract Celluloid usage to Sidekiq::Actor for testing purposes.
- 👍 Better handling for Redis downtime when fetching jobs and shutting down, don't print exceptions every second and print success message when Redis is back.
- 🛠 Fix unclean shutdown leading to duplicate jobs [#897]
- ➕ Add Korean locale [#890]
- ⬆️ Upgrade test suite to Minitest 5
- ✂ Remove usage of
jsonis now robust on all platforms.
- 🛠 Fix Web UI when used without Rails [#886]
- ➕ Add Sidekiq::Stats#reset [#349]
- ➕ Add Norwegian locale.
- ⚡️ Updates for the JA locale.
- 🛠 Fix timeout warning.
- ➕ Add Dutch web UI locale.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to Celluloid 0.13. [#834]
- ⏱ Remove timeout support from
sidekiq_options. Ruby's timeout is inherently unsafe in a multi-threaded application and was causing stability problems for many. See http://bit.ly/OtYpK
- ➕ Add Japanese locale for Web UI [#868]
- 🛠 Fix a few issues with Web UI i18n.
- ✂ Remove need for the i18n gem. (brandonhilkert)
- 👌 Improve redis connection info logging on startup for debugging purposes [#858]
- ⏪ Revert sinatra/slim as runtime dependencies
- ➕ Add
find_jobmethod to sidekiq/api
- ♻️ Refactor algorithm for putting scheduled jobs onto the queue [#843]
- 🛠 Fix scheduler thread dying due to incorrect error handling [#839]
- 🛠 Fix issue which left stale workers if Sidekiq wasn't shutdown while quiet. [#840]
- 🌐 I18n for web UI. Please submit translations of
web/locales/en.ymlfor your own language. [#811]
- 'sinatra', 'slim' and 'i18n' are now gem dependencies for Sidekiq.